Sclerotherapy is an injection procedure to remove vascular spiders and modified small-diametre veins. Sclerotherapy is used to treat varicosis and other vascular diseases on early stages. The most susceptible to varicosis parts of the body are women's lower legs.
Sclerotherapy before and after
Sclerotherapy is performed by injecting into certain dilated vascular gnarls the substance – sclerosant. It causes germfree inflammation followed by vein destruction and healing over of that part with a tissue. This procedure belongs to low-trauma injection methods.
Indications for sclerotherapy
- Vascular spiders (teleangiectasia).
- Insufficiently dilated veins.
- An early stage of varicosis.
- Reticular varicosis.
General contraindications: blood-clotting disorder, inflammatory conditions in legs, pregnancy, lactation, old age of the patient, advanced varicosis, allergy to sclerosant, deep vein thrombosis.
What are the benefits of sclerotherapy?
- Safety and minimal painfulness during the procedure.
- No long rehabilitation period.
- No incisions on the skin, no scars.
- High effectiveness on the early stage of varicosis.
- Quick return to a regular way of life.
- No necessity in hospitalization.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-procedure examination: reduced length – 1 day.
Duration of the procedure: from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Sclerotherapy in the clinic is performed on an ambulatory basis (the patient goes home after the procedure).
Anaesthesis: the procedure doesn’t require anesthesia.
*Recovery period. For 2 weeks after the procedure the patient wears special compression underwear (tights, stockings).
*Side effects. Temporary red spots, swellings and itching disappear after 1-2 days after the procedure. Intensified discoloration along the veins’ paths disappears within 4-12 months.
*Risks: long healing, tissue induration, sensitivity disorders in the places of injections, the absence of result.
*Result: permanent, affected veins disappear.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Beauty Injections
- ENT Services
Our experts will contact you soon. Your contact information will not be passed to the third persons.