Laparoscopic colon surgery
Modern and well-proven laparoscopic operations on the large intestine are increasingly attracting the attention of doctors engaged in clinical practice, which indicates the undoubted prospects of the development of this direction. For the first time, surgical intervention with this method was carried out in 1991. Previously, colon surgery required a large incision of the anterior abdominal wall. Nowadays, the procedure is performed with a laparoscopic instrument and has a number of significant advantages over traditional methods of surgical intervention.
Laparoscopic colon surgery involves the fastest possible patient’s rehabilitation, as it is performed through punctures. The procedure ensures the ultimate care in performing dissection and hemostasis even in the most difficult-to-reach parts of the abdominal cavity, which is due to the capabilities of the modern laparoscopic equipment.
Despite the fact that until recently any colon operation was carried out using a standard method, today the high efficiency of laparoscopy is obvious and has been repeatedly proven in practice. These procedures are being successfully carried out in the “Certus” clinic. There are qualified surgeons, all the necessary equipment for performing complex operations, in the medical centre.
List of indications and contraindications
Indications for laparoscopic operations are the most common diseases of the large intestine that require surgery: tumors, diverticular disease, Crohn’s disease and other pathological conditions and complications.
A contraindication to these operations may be the severity of the general condition, as well as cases of previously performed abdominal operations.
Examination in the preoperative period
The effectiveness of the surgical intervention is determined, first of all, by the most competent preoperative examination, which is carried out in the Certus clinic.
The surgeons of the Certus clinic successfully perform a full range of low-traumatic invasive surgeries for diseases of the colon, including:
- transverse colon resection;
- right-sided or left-sided hemicolectomy;
- assisted rectal extirpation;
- sigmoid and rectum resection.
Advantages of laparoscopy:
- Significant reduction in pain syndrome occurred in the period after surgery.
- Earlier and faster rehabilitation of the operated patient.
- Significant reduction in the length of hospital stay.
- The most accurate and atraumatic performance of the surgery.
- Minimal blood loss and successful lymph node dissection.
- Preservation of the function of the closing apparatus.
- Disposable staplers are used.
- Effective restoration of intestinal continuity.
- Minimizing the probability of developing infectious complications.
The period of inpatient postoperative observation of the patient in most cases does not exceed 96 hours.
In the “Certus” clinic, as in many medical centres in America and Europe, colon laparoscopy is becoming more and more popular. Experienced surgeons will prescribe the necessary examination and determine the effectiveness of this method of surgical intervention for treating the disease.
Do I have to undergo examinations or tests before the operation?
You can undergo an examination before the operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence.
You need to pass the following examinations:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. Ultrasound of the abdomen.
13. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 200 €
What is included in the cost of the operation, are there any additional costs?
The cost of the operation includes: the intervention itself, consumables, anesthesia, a day of hospital stay (all necessary medications, meals), subsequent dressings and examinations.
No additional costs.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Beauty Injections
- ENT Services
Our experts will contact you soon. Your contact information will not be passed to the third persons.