Nasal septum plastic surgery
Labored and distressed breathing, snoring, chronic rhinitis are often associated with a deviated nasal septum. In these cases, it is recommended to consult an ENT doctor, who will determine the state of the septum and the need for its correction. Various types of surgical treatments are performed, they depend on the contraindications and the degree of pathological changes in the nasal septum.
Septoplasty is a surgery aimed to restore the anatomy of the nasal septum and respiratory function. The difference from rhinoplasty lies in the fact that it is not aimed at changing the external forms and size of the nose, but at eliminating the deformation of the septum cartilage. Both plastic surgeries can be combined during one operation.
Septoplasty is indicated in the following cases:
- Difficult breathing with the congenital or acquired deviated nasal septum.
- Chronic rhinitis, genyantritis, sinusitis.
- pathological malformations in the nasal cavity.
- Lesions of bone and cartilage tissue.
- Mouth breathe and snoring.
Types of septoplasty
There are two plastic surgery methods in “Certus” clinic, that provides ENT services in the city of Kiev. These methods aimed to restore breathe and anatomy of the nasal septum by correcting the septal cartilage and osteoseptum, as well as remove the excess tissues (stylosteophytes, ridges).
- Endoscopic septoplasty is a kind of gentle correction that allows performing manipulation inside the nose with the help of a special tool (an endoscope) that is inserted through the nasal openings. During the operation, the surgeon sees the necessary area due to the micro camera on the endoscope. Endoscopic septoplasty allows to avoid large incisions on the skin, the internal incisions heal quickly due to minimal tissue injury.
- Surgical septoplasty involves a submucosal resection of a part of the nasal septum. A deformed fragment of the cartilage is cut out, and the remaining parts of the septum are dislocated to a central position.
Price for septoplasty in Ukraine
Prices for septoplasty in Ukraine and Kiev depend on the complexity of the operation and the surgery method. In “Certus” clinic, the location and specificity of the nasal septum deformation, as well as the type of access to the surgical area and anesthesia method are taken into account during price assessment. The surgery with the use of endoscopic technology is more expensive. Approximate prices for septoplasty in our clinic are presented in the section of the same name.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination and ENT consultation: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 30 min. to 1 hour.
The patient stays in a clinical setting: 1-3 days.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia.
*Recovery period: 7-14 days. At the end of the surgery, the cartilage is fixed with absorbable sutures, a bandage is placed on the nose, splints are inserted into the nasal openings. There are bruises, swelling, minimal bleeding, pain in the area of the nose and sinuses, tearing, fever during the first week after the surgery. When the splints have been removed from the nose, it should be washed with the saline from time to time.
*The first result of the surgery is estimated within two or three months.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Endoscopic septoplasty (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Endoscopic septoplasty with coblation (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Do I need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
Laboratory examination before the procedure / operation you can pass in our clinic or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation takes place under general anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Full blood count and urine tests.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Clotting assay.
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
7. Wasserman reaction.
9. Physician’s examination
10. Chest X-ray.
11. Gynecologist’s examination.
If the operation will take place under local anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Clotting assay.
4. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
5. Urine test.
6. Blood type.
7. Chest X-ray.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 $.
Anesthesia is included in the price of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and duration.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) - 300 $
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally - 100 $
3. Intravenous anesthesia - 200 $
4. Local anesthesia - 100 $
After surgery, will I be able to stay in your clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our clinic. This service is paid separately - from 100 $ up to 200 $ per day.