Tonsillectomy or tonsil removal surgery is a quite common procedure in case of complications after throat infections, sore throat as well. During a consultation, an ENT-doctor will examine a patient, eliminate contraindications, and select a method of surgical treatment.
Every leading clinic that performs tonsil removal surgeries offers both classic and alternative surgery options in Kiev.
A modern method of coblation is applied in “Certus” clinic. It is both gentle and effective method of tonsils resection.
Indications for tonsillectomy
It is recommended to remove tonsils in the following cases:
- Alternative ways of treatment have not brought results.
- There are serious troubles during swallowing and breathing due to the enlarged tonsils caused by the inflammatory process.
- The patient has angina more than 2-4 times a year and in the process of recrudescence various complications arise.
- There is an accumulation of pus in the tonsils due to a sore throat, diseases of the heart, kidney, the nervous system, and joints.
- It is not possible to overcome chronic tonsillitis (a sore throat) with antibiotics.
Tonsillectomy in Kiev
Tonsillectomy is a surgery aimed at complete removal of enlarged palatine tonsils. There are various options for its carrying out. Coblation, the newest method without incisions is applied in “Certus” clinic.
Coblation tonsillectomy solves several problems simultaneously:
- Gentle and quick removal of tonsils.
- Minimal tissue injury.
- There are no open wounds and bleeding after the surgery.
- The recovery period is short.
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, under local anesthesia, there is no need to stay in a hospital.
A special device – a coblator is used in order to remove the tonsils by this method. It creates a cold plasma flow with a temperature range 40-70℃, which separates the tonsils from the underlying tissues. Thus, there is no strong heating of the tissues (compared to laser tonsillectomy). There is no risk of necrosis or burns as well. The surgeon controls the depth and degree of the impact due to the tiny nozzle of the coblator.
Surgical tonsillectomy involves the release of the tonsils from the adnations and arches and then cutting them with a tool in the form of a loop or a scalpel. Surgical excision of the tonsils by the classical method involves the formation of bleeding areas that require a long time to heal.
Price of tonsillectomy in Kiev
The surgical technique, the complexity of the surgery and the size of enlarged tonsils influence the cost of tonsil removal in Kiev. The cost of coblation tonsillectomy is higher than the procedure of surgical resection in “Certus” clinic. Approximate prices for different types of tonsillectomy in our clinic are presented in the section of the same name.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: from 30 min. up to 1 hour. The surgery can take place on an outpatient basis or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia.
*Recovery period: in case of coblation tonsillectomy – up to 7 days, in case of surgical tonsillectomy – about two weeks. There is a sensation of pain in the throat and ears, fever. It is painful for the patient to swallow and talk. Dry and bulky food is contraindicated, a rigid diet is prescribed.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Surgical tonsillotomy (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Coblation tonsillotomy (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Surgical tonsillectomy (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Coblation tonsillectomy (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) – 300 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.