Vasomotor rhinitis treatment
Vasomotor rhinitis is a disease where chronic runny nose (rhinitis) is accompanied by regulation disorder of the nasal mucosa, due to which excess blood fills the vessels and the thickness of the mucous membrane increases.
The main signs of chronic vasomotor rhinitis:
- Frequent, prolonged and abundant nasal discharge of clear mucus.
- Unprompted nature of discharge (in the morning, in the prone position, when the air temperature changes, during physical exertion).
- Itchy nose.
- Nasal breathing and smell (perception of odors) irregularities.
The causes of vasomotor rhinitis are not fully explored but the process is based on changes in the nasal mucosa and underlying vessels. The extensive-stage of this disease can lead to frequent headaches, insomnia, genyantritis, polyps and other complications.
Treatment of chronic vasomotor rhinitis: types of surgery
Chronic vasomotor rhinitis is quite difficult to cure in a medicamental way. After ENT consultation, diagnosis and elimination of contraindications, vasotomy of nasal concha is assigned – a surgery to reduce the volume of blood vessels and mucous membrane of nasal turbinates, which are located on the side surfaces of the nostrils. Vasotomy can be combined with septoplasty when a patient has a nasal breathing disorder caused by a deviated nasal septum.
In “Certus” clinic the modern method of vasotomy is applied, by means of a coblator.
Coblation method unlike the treatment of vasomotor rhinitis with a laser has the following advantages:
- It is safe for tissues and surrounding formations.
- It is less traumatic.
- There is no bleeding.
- It has the shortest recovery period.
Coblation equipment allows getting a cold plasma flow, which destroys the tissue in the area of impact. Coblator heats the tissues to 40-70℃ maximum.
Another method of surgery that is performed in “Certus” clinic – surgical or instrumental vasotomy of nasal concha. The surgeon separates the mucous membrane of the nasal concha with the help of a scalpel, and excises the plexus of the vessels as needed.
The cost of surgery aimed to treat vasomotor rhinitis is set individually and depends on the surgery method, as well as the method of anesthesia. Approximate prices for different types of vasotomy in our clinic are presented in the section of the same name.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination and ENT consultation: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 30-40 min. The surgery can take place on an outpatient basis or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia.
Incision options: the lower nasal turbinates.
*Recovery period: about 7-10 days. There are pain, swelling, bruising in the area of the nose and nasal turbinates, tearing, fever. When the cotton swabs have been removed from the nose, it should be washed with the saline from time to time. The patient should follow the recommendations of the doctor during the recovery period in order to minimize side effects.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Surgical vasotomy (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Coblation treatment (cost of anesthesia is not included)
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.