Dental therapy is engaged in the detection and prevention of dental diseases, conservative treatment of the teeth, and oral mucosa, as well as aesthetics.
Dental therapy is one of the directions of dentistry that deals with the prevention, detection, and conservative treatment of the teeth, gums, oral mucosa diseases, as well as aesthetics. It is the basis for the further stages of treatment, such as implantation, prosthetics, orthodontic, and periodontal treatment. The quality of nidus sanation influences on the final result of the treatment and the health of the whole body as well. The main goal of dental therapy is to preserve the teeth, prevent diseases, and possible teeth destruction.
Dental therapy involves a set of procedures aimed at carrying out therapeutic and preventive measures to preserve the health of the oral cavity, teeth, and gums. The experts of “Certus” clinic provide all possible services in the framework of dental therapy.
Therapeutic dentistry services
Dental therapy includes the following range of procedures and measures:
- detection and treatment of dental diseases associated with carious and noncarious lesions of the tooth enamel;
- treatment and filling of dental canals using the most modern materials identical to natural tissues, and effective techniques;
- dental modeling – the reproduction of removed or damaged parts of the tooth and recovery of mechanical and aesthetic features of the tooth (restoration of the dental crown and enamel color);
- professional oral hygiene;
- whitening of tooth enamel;
- aesthetic procedures aimed to decorate the dentition involving the installation of skyces (tooth studs), and semi-precious and precious minerals refining.
Pre-examination is carried out in order to assess the state of the patient’s oral cavity, the type, and degree of the problem.
In addition to the oral cavity examination, dental therapy provides various diagnostic methods to assess the state of the teeth and identify dental diseases:
- Check-up analysis of the sensitivity to cold and hot substances. It allows detecting pulpitis, carious destruction, periodontitis, and other pathologies.
- X-ray examination. The image allows the doctor to determine the condition of the tooth.
- Electroodontodiagnosis. A doctor examines the tooth using small electrical impulses. In this way, it is possible to find out the sensitive boundary of the tooth as well.
A dental microscope can be used for diagnostic assessment as well. It helps to assess the condition and structure of the tooth at the cellular level with high accuracy.
Professional oral hygiene
Dental plaque poses risks to the health of the teeth as well as the whole body. It can be formed as a result of bad oral hygiene or rare visits to a dentist. If dental plaque grows for a long time, a toothbrush or dental floss will not help to remove it. Dental plaque causes darkening of the enamel, bad breath, dental scales of various hardness, caries or periodontal disease. Such a procedure as professional teeth cleaning allows preventing these complications and destruction of the dental structure. It is recommended to undergo this procedure once every six months.
The dentist will also help you choose the appropriate toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, and dental floss, as well as teach you how to use them correctly.
Treatment of teeth and gums
Dental therapist most often deals with the following diseases:
- Dental caries. If it has been formed recently and appeared as a small stain, then it would be enough to remove the upper layer of enamel slightly. After that, fluoride treatment is provided, which helps to prevent dental caries, but not just treat it.
- Pulpitis. This disease implies dental caries, which has already affected the dental canal. In this case, the dentist’s task is to clean and disinfect the affected canal. Then the dentist inserts a dental core into the canal and places a fragment of a coronal section or a filling above it. In some cases, dental prosthetics is required.
- Periodontitis (periodontal inflammation). A dentist treats lesions with a special paste, which promotes healing. He can carry out professional ultrasonic cleaning as well. Depending on the extent of periodontitis, special oral rinses, and toothpaste, which help to practice oral hygiene, are prescribed to the patient.
All procedures are carried out with the help of high-quality, effective and safe modern materials.
Adhesive micro-prosthetics and dental splinting
High tenacity fiberglass is used within adhesive micro-prosthetics that is carried out without removing the enamel. It allows a dentist to restore one or two teeth by attaching them to the adjacent teeth. In order to ensure a secure attachment, the dentist uses a connecting prosthetic bar and bonding agent. A light-curing tooth is attached to the prosthetic bar.
This method has several important advantages:
- rugged structure;
- it is right for people who have a metal allergy;
- enamel is not damaged;
- the functionality of the teeth does not change;
- the teeth nerves are uninjured;
- the procedure is carried out in one session;
- affordable price.
Dental splinting helps to strengthen the loose teeth and prevent their loss at once. It stands for the treatment of periodontal diseases, as well as severe forms of periodontitis. Also, dental splinting helps to prevent the development of gum inflammation and other pathoses.
In “Certus” clinic, you can comfortably undergo high-value diagnostics, get high-quality treatment, and take advantage of preventive services that will preserve the health of the oral cavity.
Restoration of teeth, from
Temporary filling from glass ionomer cement, 1 tooth
Fissure Sealing, 1 tooth
Tooth covering by desensitiser
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) – 300 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.