Ultrasonic therapy in cosmetology is a medical technique aimed at affecting the skin and tissues with ultrasonic waves. These are ultra-high frequency sound vibrations that the human ear does not perceive. The depth of penetration of ultrasound depends on the vibration frequency and the nature of the impact. Low frequencies penetrate deeper into the tissues, the high ones penetrate into the skin layers located closer to the surface.
Ultrasonic waves affect the body and have 4 main effects.
- Mechanical – micromovements and microvibrations of cells occur under the effect of sound waves. There is a vibromassage, increased permeability of membranes and activation of metabolism at the cellular level.
- Physical and chemical – cell division is accelerated as well as the production of active substances, enzymes, hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin.
- Thermal – local temperature and blood circulation are increased, due to which congestions in the blood and infiltrations disappear.
- Therapeutic – inflammations are reduced, fat cells are destroyed, metabolic processes are stimulated, the protective and regenerative skin characteristics are improved.
Uses of ultrasound
Ultrasonic facial therapy is performed in order to fight against age-related changes and skin defects, as well as treat skin diseases. The ultrasonic facial treatment has proven itself as a delicate, painless, non-traumatic method, without skin punctures and injections.
It is carried out in order to:
- Remove dead cells.
- Eliminate inflammation and swelling.
- Minimize enlarged pores and sebum.
- Reduce body fat.
- Treat skin laxity.
- Moisturize the skin.
- Correct cicatrices.
- Recover the skin after plastic surgery.
How is the procedure performed in “Certus” clinic?
In our clinic, ultrasonic therapy can be performed as a separate procedure or in combination with other cosmetological services:
- Ultrasonic face cleansing – an independent procedure or a part of the combined facial cleansing.
- Ultrasonic face peeling.
- Ultrasonic facial massage.
- Phonophoresis – a method of penetration of active and pharmaceutical substances into the skin by means of ultrasound waves. It is one of the alternatives to mesotherapy.
- Follow-up care after plastic surgery.
At the beginning of the session, a dermatologist, cosmetologist cleanses the skin and applies a special gel on it, which contributes to the penetration of ultrasound into the skin layers. Then a doctor treats the skin using a device and special movements. At the end of the session, the special mask and protective cream are applied.
Ultrasonic therapy is a comfortable procedure, which does not require advance preparation, recovery period and can be performed during a lunch break. It is recommended to complete a course of 5-10 sessions in order to achieve a visible and long-term effect.
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.