Professional teeth whitening is a procedure carried out by a doctor in terms of aesthetic dentistry aimed at giving the teeth lighter shades of white. Dental whitening can be in-office (chairside teeth whitening), which is carried out in the office of a specialist, and at-home whitening, performed by the patient at home, but under strict medical supervision.
Professional teeth whitening is one of the directions of “Certus” clinic in Kyiv. We help to make the smiles of our patients even more attractive in a quick, painless and effective way.
Indications for in-office teeth whitening
In-office teeth whitening is prescribed in the following cases:
- light and medium teeth discoloration as a result of the application of tetracycline antibiotics and other drugs (there is even such a term as “tetracycline-stained teeth”);
- yellow teeth discoloration associated with age-related changes;
- a slight change in the teeth color due to the impact of external causes;
- brown teeth.
Teeth can change color due to external and internal factors. For example, some patients have genetic disposition resulting in yellow teeth discoloration. Also, people who consume too much coffee, tea, drinks or foods with coloring agents, as well as smokers, are much more familiar with the problem of tooth discoloration.
How is in-office whitening performed?
To whiten teeth in the dentist office means to get the desired result for a long time quickly. The procedure lasts for an hour.
In-office whitening has several advantages:
- A patient does not experience any sense of discomfort during the procedure.
- This technique does not have a negative impact on the enamel.
- In most cases, it is possible to achieve a 100% result in one visit. On rare occasions, a second session is required.
If the patient decides to whiten the teeth, first of all, a dentist will examine the mouth and teeth with the aim to assess their condition. It is important to make sure there are no contraindications for the procedure currently. If necessary, the specialist treats the teeth and gums. Sometimes, it is enough to remove dental scale and plaque to lighten the enamel. But, if the patient wants to make the teeth much lighter, professional whitening is prescribed. It consists of the following stages:
- Determination of the teeth color using a special scale. This procedure is carried out with the aim to compare the initial color and the final result. It is impossible to determine the exact color shade that the patient will receive after dental whitening. Each patient has individual results. The teeth can become one to two shades lighter. If the patient is not satisfied with the result, it can be improved by at-home whitening, which is carried out according to the recommendations of the dentist.
- Isolation of the gingival mucosa with a special protective gel aimed at preventing negative effects.
- Applying a whitening gel. It contains up to 35% of hydrogen peroxide. Depending on the composition and concentration of hydrogen peroxide, the procedure may take different time, but usually not more than an hour. The gel activates due to the special light length or chemical catalyst. That is how whitening is carried out. During the procedure, the doctor distributes the gel along the surface of the teeth aimed to enhance the effect and achieve a level shade.
- Teeth cleaning with a stream of water. This procedure is performed in order to remove the whitening gel from the teeth and the protective gel from the gums.
In-office teeth whitening gives a visible result immediately. Only in an hour, the shade of enamel becomes as light as possible, and the patient gets the teeth color that he wants.
If there are plans to whiten teeth for the second time, then it can be performed no earlier than six months.
Need to know
It should be noted that in-office whitening changes only the color of enamel. Plastic and ceramic crowns, fillings, dentures will be the same color as before the procedure. However, experienced dentists know about this nuance so they can prevent undesirable consequences.
After teeth whitening, the doctor will recommend limiting the consumption of food and beverages which contains synthetic coloring matters in large quantities (red wine, strong tea, coffee, etc.). You should also stop smoking and brush your teeth twice a day using whitening toothpaste once in a while.
Following the recommendations of the dentist, it is possible to keep the whiteness of the teeth as long as possible.
The specific features of the procedure in “Certus” clinic
Teeth whitening performed in “Certus” clinic has the following features:
- The procedure lasts no more than 1 hour. Usually, it is enough to have one session in order to achieve the desired result.
- It is preferable to perform professional teeth cleaning before dental whitening.
- The whitening gel used during the procedure does not have a pathogenic effect on the hard tooth tissues.
- The teeth can become 10 shades lighter according to VITA color scale.
- The white effect lasts for six months on an average, and if the patient follows the specialist’s recommendations, it lasts even longer.
- With the help of at-home whitening, you can extend this effect. But, it is carried out only by medical prescription.
Certus clinic provides the following services: professional teeth whitening, internal whitening (tooth whitening from the inside), making teeth protector for at-home bleaching.
Professional teeth Whitening, one jaw
Professional Whitening of one tooth
Making a kappa for home Whitening, rem-therapy
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Beauty Injections
- ENT Services
Our experts will contact you soon. Your contact information will not be passed to the third persons.