Surgical correction of the nipple or nipple surgery is an operation aimed to correct the size and shape of the nipples in order to eliminate the pathology and related physical and aesthetic inconveniences. It can be carried out as a separate surgery or combined with a breast lift, breast plastic surgery or areola correction.
Nipple Correction before and after
- Nipple asymmetry.
- Lack or excess of nipple tissue.
- Inverted nipples.
- Large, thick, strongly protruding nipples.
- Areola and nipples disproportion.
General contraindications: mastopathy, cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, patients under 18 years old, pre-arranged pregnancy, recent lactation.
Methods of nipple correction
In order to reduce the size of the nipple:
- A sector resection is performed – the sector of the nipple (triangle-shaped) is incised, the edges are stitched, and the nipple becomes narrower.
- A wedge resection is performed – the excess part of the nipple tip is incised, and the nipple becomes shorter. In case of this surgery, part of the milk ducts is cut.
In case of the inverted nipple correction:
- Bands of fibrous tissue are cut, the nipple is released and fixed in the desired position.
- A base is created under the nipple by all means, including tunneling, use of de-epithelized subcutaneous flaps, tendon strips, etc.
During breast lift or breast reduction surgeries, the nipple-areola complex is shifted upwards and excess tissues are removed at this time.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1 hour.
Duration of the surgery: from 30 min. up to 1 hour. The procedure can take place on an outpatient basis (the patient goes home after the procedure) or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
*Recovery period. The stitches are removed in 5-7 days.
*Side effects: reduced nipples sensation, slight soreness.
*Risks: infectious complications, reduced sensation, asymmetry, incomplete nipples correction, loss of breastfeeding possibility.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. Help from the gynecologist.
12. During breast surgery – ultrasound, examination of a mammologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 150 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
You can spend the postoperative period in our hospital. This service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.