Breast lipofilling is a procedure for transplanting the patient's own fat in order to improve the shape and increase the size of the breasts. In the process of lipofilling the fatty tissue (natural filler for soft tissues) is transferred from one part of the body into another.
Breast lipofilling before and after
An important condition is that the patient must have sufficient reserves of fat in the abdomen area, thighs, flanks, or other parts of the body. These are donor zones from where the collection of the necessary amount of fat is taken.
Indications for breast lipofilling
The procedure is carried out with the following purposes:
- Increase the breasts size.
- Eliminate the breasts asymmetry.
- Improve the shape and contour of the breasts.
General contraindications: cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, under-age patients, high hyperadiposis (obesity), pre-arranged pregnancy, recent lactation.
Breast lipofilling procedure steps
Breast lipofilling is carried out in three main stages in one procedure
- The collection of fat from the donor area through small skin punctures by lipoaspiration (absorption) of fat.
- Fat preparation and decontamination.
- The insertion of purified fat in the required places, without any incisions on the skin. Fat injections are performed linearly, in layers and in small portions. This technique contributes to a better engraftment of fatty tissue.
Procedure peculiar features:
- The breast can be increased by ½-1 size in one session.
- Fat is a natural material for our body, its implantation does not trigger the mechanism of immune protection.
- Fat tends to dissolve over time (by 30-60%) and “shrink” during 2-4 months, therefore, in order to achieve the permanent effect, it is necessary to have several procedures.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 hours.
Duration of the surgery: 2-3 hours. The patient stays in a clinical setting for 1 day.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options: the collection and insertion of fat is carried out through small skin punctures, thus it minimizes scarring. The incisions are absent.
*Recovery period. Swelling and bruises (subcutaneous hemorrhages) subside within 1-2 weeks after the procedure. The patient wears special compression garments for 4-6 weeks.
*Side effects: temporary swelling, bruising, discomfort, pain.
*Risks: infectious complications, hematomas, insufficient correction, breast asymmetry, uneven skin contours in places where fat was collected and injected.
*Result: on condition of several procedures – permanent.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Breast lipofilling from one side (liposuction areas are paid additionally)
Do I need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
Laboratory examination before the procedure / operation you can pass in our clinic or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation takes place under general anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Full blood count and urine tests.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Clotting assay.
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
7. Wasserman reaction.
9. Physician’s examination
10. Chest X-ray.
11. Gynecologist’s examination.
12. For breasts surgery – breast ultrasound examination, examination by a breast specialist.
If the operation will take place under local anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Clotting assay.
4. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
5. Urine test.
6. Blood type.
7. Chest X-ray.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 150 $.
Anesthesia is included in the price of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and duration.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) - 300 $
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally - 100 $
3. Intravenous anesthesia - 200 $
4. Local anesthesia - 100 $
After surgery, will I be able to stay in your clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our clinic. This service is paid separately - from 100 $ up to 200 $ per day.