Labia minora reduction surgery or reduction labioplasty is a type of intimate plastic surgery, an operation to remove enlarged fragments of the labia minora to give them an attractive look.
Labioplasty before and after
Large labia do not pose a threat to health, but can create esthetic dissatisfaction, physical discomfort, complexes and the feeling of inferiority in sexual life. The small lips of an adult woman have a darker color than the large ones and are slightly over the level of the labia majora. The size and shape of the labia for each woman are individual.
Causes of large-sized labia minora:
- Birth defect.
- Genetic predisposition.
- As a result of puberty.
- After-surgery effects.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Endocrine regulation disorders.
Indications for labiaplasty
Reduction labiaplasty is performed due to:
- Large size or length of labia minora.
The purpose of the surgery is to reduce the size, to improve the shape of the labia minora, and, as a result, to get rid of the complexes and discomfort in sexual and everyday life.
General contraindications: cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, inflammatory disorders of genital organs, venereal diseases.
The procedure is done by trimming the enlarged fragments of the labia minora, and, if necessary, there can be done an additional clitoris lifting. Wounds are sewed with absorbable sutures. The size of the adjusted labia is selected individually.
The result of surgery:
- Labia minora are hidden behind labia majora.
- Labia minora occlude completely (while relaxed).
- Postsurgical scars are barely visible.
- There is a difference in wound pigmentation between the outer and the inner edges.
- The absolute lip symmetry is unlikely to happen.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 30 min to 1 hour. The surgery can take place on an outpatient basis (the patient goes home after the procedure) or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options: in labia minora region.
*Recovery period. The sutures are self-absorbable. Temporary side effects disappear in 7-14 days. Patients can resume having intercourse in a month.
*Side effects: temporary pain, discomfort, swelling, decreased sensation, minor bleeding.
*Risks: sustainable healing, hematomas, infection complications, inflammation of genital organs, asymmetry of the labia minora, visible scars.
*Result: permanent. The size of labia can change after childbirth.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
labia minora reduction
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Beauty Injections
- ENT Services
Our experts will contact you soon. Your contact information will not be passed to the third persons.