Hymenoplasty is a type of intimate plastic surgery, an operation aimed to restore the integrity of the virginal membrane of female patients. It is carried out for various reasons.
General contraindications: cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, inflammatory disorders of genital organs, venereal diseases.
Types of the surgery
There are two types of hymenoplasty, depending on the duration of the result of surgery.
- Short-term hymenoplasty. It is carried out when the hymen tearing is planned maximum in two weeks after the surgery. A surgeon works with the remains of the hymen, stitches them together, forms an intact hymen.
- Long-term hymenoplasty. New hymen (virginal membrane) is created using the tissues located at the beginning of the vagina. The part of the mucosa is re-located forward and sutured in several layers.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: in a shortened form, 1 day.
Duration of the surgery: from 30 min. up to 1 hour. The surgery can take place on an outpatient basis (the patient goes home after the procedure) or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options: self-absorbable threads are used for stitching the tissues inside the vagina.
*Risks: premature tearing of the newly created hymen.
*Result: short-term or long-term, depending on the surgery method (type).
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.