Hymenoplasty is a type of intimate plastic surgery, an operation aimed to restore the integrity of the virginal membrane of female patients. It is carried out for various reasons.
General contraindications: cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, inflammatory disorders of genital organs, venereal diseases.
Types of the surgery
There are two types of hymenoplasty, depending on the duration of the result of surgery.
- Short-term hymenoplasty. It is carried out when the hymen tearing is planned maximum in two weeks after the surgery. A surgeon works with the remains of the hymen, stitches them together, forms an intact hymen.
- Long-term hymenoplasty. New hymen (virginal membrane) is created using the tissues located at the beginning of the vagina. The part of the mucosa is re-located forward and sutured in several layers.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: in a shortened form, 1 day.
Duration of the surgery: from 30 min. up to 1 hour. The surgery can take place on an outpatient basis (the patient goes home after the procedure) or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options: self-absorbable threads are used for stitching the tissues inside the vagina.
*Risks: premature tearing of the newly created hymen.
*Result: short-term or long-term, depending on the surgery method (type).
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do I need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
Laboratory examination before the procedure / operation you can pass in our clinic or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation takes place under general anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Full blood count and urine tests.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Clotting assay.
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
7. Wasserman reaction.
9. Physician’s examination
10. Chest X-ray.
11. Gynecologist’s examination.
12. For breasts surgery – breast ultrasound examination, examination by a breast specialist.
If the operation will take place under local anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Clotting assay.
4. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
5. Urine test.
6. Blood type.
7. Chest X-ray.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 $.
Anesthesia is included in the price of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and duration.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) - 300 $
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally - 100 $
3. Intravenous anesthesia - 200 $
4. Local anesthesia - 100 $
After surgery, will I be able to stay in your clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our clinic. This service is paid separately - from 100 $ up to 200 $ per day.