Laser Facial Skin Resurfacing
Laser face resurfacing is a method of rejuvenation by skin exposure with a medical laser. Complex face resurfacing includes laser dermabrasion and laser blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).
Laser Facial Resurfacing before and after
Laser technology implies the absorption of a laser beam by the surface layer of the skin, the thickness of this beam is measured in microns. The laser beam transmits a large amount of energy to a microscopically small amount of a tissue in a short period of time (nanoseconds). The result of this process is a micro-break and evaporation of the tissue volume. At the same time, the adjacent skin areas do not heat up. After the evaporation of old cells, skin regeneration and renewal occurs.
Two types of laser are used for laser resurfacing:
- Erbium laser – creates a less pronounced effect as it penetrates the tissue not so deep, requires a shorter recovery period.
- Carbon dioxide or CO2 laser – is used for deep penetration with a long recovery period.
- Mimic and shallow wrinkles.
- Skin pigmentation.
- The presence of papillomas, warts, cicatrixes, scars, stretch marks.
Due to the laser action, the old fibrous fibers are destroyed, the blood circulation is improved, new elastic and collagen fibers are accumulated and, thus, the following effects are achieved:
- Smooth wrinkles.
- Less noticeable scars.
- Improved texture and skin tone.
- Face lifting.
General contraindications: acute inflammation of the skin, a tendency to excessive scarring of the skin, cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: in a short form.
Duration of the surgery: from 30 min. up to 1 hour. The procedure can take place on an outpatient basis (the patient goes home after the procedure) or in a clinical setting (1 day).
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
*Recovery period. The skin crust on the face subsides within 7-14 days. During the recovery period of the skin surface, special care with the aid of antiseptics and ointments is required. Mild skin redness lasts for about 1-2 months. During this period, the skin should be protected from sunlight, sun blocking cream with a high percentage of UV absorption should be used.
*Side effects: a temporary sensation of pain, swellings, skin redness.
*Risks: infectious complications, excessive scarring, hyperpigmentation, uneven contours.
*Result: a long-term lifting effect, improved texture and skin tone.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
eyes area (around the mouth, the cheeks area and the forehead)
nose, upper lip area, lower eyelid area
verruca and papilloma removal (for one)
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) – 300 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.