Chin surgery or mentoplasty is a surgery aimed to correct the shape and size of the chin. It can be performed as a separate procedure or combined with other types of facial rejuvenation, such as facelift and SMAS facelift.
Chin Augmentation before and after
Video about the service
Indications for mentoplasty
- Protruding chin.
- Underdeveloped chin.
- Double chin.
- Drooping cheeks.
- Congenital and acquired chin deformities.
Chin surgery is recommended for patients who have reached the age of 18 years when the facial skeleton is formed.
General contraindications: cancer disease, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, arterial hypertension, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, obesity.
Types of mentoplasty
- Reduction mentoplasty. When a patient has a large chin, a surgeon incises or removes the bone, then shifts the lower jaw fragment back and fixes it in the desired position.
- Augmentation mentoplasty. In case of the small or underdeveloped chin, an implant is placed under the patient’s periosteal coverage or the lower part of the jaw is pulled forward and then fixed.
- Non-surgical mentoplasty. This is a procedure aimed at a slight change of the chin shape and size without the surgery, using subcutaneous injections of hyaluronic acid fillers or the patient’s own fat (chin lipofilling).
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 1-2 hours (depending on the complexity of the surgery). The patient stays in a clinical setting for 1-3 days.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options: in the fold under the chin or on the mucous membrane of the lower lip.
*Recovery period: 10-14 days. The patient wears a special compression dressing during the first week after the surgery. Swellings and bruises (subcutaneous hemorrhages) and other side effects subside within 2 weeks after the surgery. The stitches are removed in 5-10 days.
*Side effects: temporary discomfort, numbness, swelling, difficulty chewing.
*Risks: infectious complications, innervation disorder, chin asymmetry, implant failure or displacement.
*Result: after surgical mentoplasty is permanent.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
cost of the chin prosthesis
genioplasty (chin bone surgery)
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.