Neck lift is a surgery aimed to correct age-related changes in the neck and chin areas. Also, it aimed at correction of the weight loss effect in order to improve the contour and restore the tonus of the above-mentioned areas. The surgery can be performed as a separate procedure or combined with other types of facial rejuvenation, such as facelift.
Neck Lift before and after
Types of neck lift:
- Cervicoplasty – neck lift by surgical removal of the excess skin. It can be combined with liposuction.
- Platysmaplasty – is not only the skin lifting but also the lifting of the subcutaneous neck muscle (platysma) with the connection of the edges.
- Liposuction – removal of the excess fatty deposits of the neck and chin. Special tubes (cannulas) are placed under the skin and excess fat is taken by a vacuum apparatus.
- Loose, sagged skin in the lower jaw.
- Excessive fat deposits on the neck and chin.
- Double (triple) chin.
General contraindications: cancer disease, acute infections, arterial hypertension, heart disease, diseased vessels, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 1-2 hours (depending on the complexity of the surgery). The patient stays in a clinical setting for 1-3 days.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options. Along the ear lobe, behind the earflap, within the hair growth zone, in the chin fold. The scars after surgery are not noticeable. Liposuction is carried out through skin punctures.
*Recovery period. Swellings and bruises (subcutaneous hemorrhages) and other side effects subside within 2-3 weeks after the surgery. The patient wears a special compression dressing for 5 days. The stitches are removed in 5-10 days.
*Side effects: temporary bruises, swellings, a slight sensation of pain, numbness of the surgical area.
*Risks: infectious complications, hematomas, long healing.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
lateral neck lift
neck lift medial
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.