Neck lift is a surgery aimed to correct age-related changes in the neck and chin areas. Also, it aimed at correction of the weight loss effect in order to improve the contour and restore the tonus of the above-mentioned areas. The surgery can be performed as a separate procedure or combined with other types of facial rejuvenation, such as facelift.
Neck Lift before and after
Types of neck lift:
- Cervicoplasty – neck lift by surgical removal of the excess skin. It can be combined with liposuction.
- Platysmaplasty – is not only the skin lifting but also the lifting of the subcutaneous neck muscle (platysma) with the connection of the edges.
- Liposuction – removal of the excess fatty deposits of the neck and chin. Special tubes (cannulas) are placed under the skin and excess fat is taken by a vacuum apparatus.
- Loose, sagged skin in the lower jaw.
- Excessive fat deposits on the neck and chin.
- Double (triple) chin.
General contraindications: cancer disease, acute infections, arterial hypertension, heart disease, diseased vessels, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 1-2 hours (depending on the complexity of the surgery). The patient stays in a clinical setting for 1-3 days.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options. Along the ear lobe, behind the earflap, within the hair growth zone, in the chin fold. The scars after surgery are not noticeable. Liposuction is carried out through skin punctures.
*Recovery period. Swellings and bruises (subcutaneous hemorrhages) and other side effects subside within 2-3 weeks after the surgery. The patient wears a special compression dressing for 5 days. The stitches are removed in 5-10 days.
*Side effects: temporary bruises, swellings, a slight sensation of pain, numbness of the surgical area.
*Risks: infectious complications, hematomas, long healing.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do I need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
Laboratory examination before the procedure / operation you can pass in our clinic or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation takes place under general anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Full blood count and urine tests.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Clotting assay.
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
7. Wasserman reaction.
9. Physician’s examination
10. Chest X-ray.
11. Gynecologist’s examination.
12. For breasts surgery – breast ultrasound examination, examination by a breast specialist.
If the operation will take place under local anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Clotting assay.
4. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
5. Urine test.
6. Blood type.
7. Chest X-ray.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 $.
Anesthesia is included in the price of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and duration.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) - 300 $
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally - 100 $
3. Intravenous anesthesia - 200 $
4. Local anesthesia - 100 $
After surgery, will I be able to stay in your clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our clinic. This service is paid separately - from 100 $ up to 200 $ per day.