Lipofilling is a surgery for transplanting the patient's own fat in different parts of the body. It is carried out in cases where there is a loss of the soft tissues volume and size or the post-traumatic effect of the tissues. The surgery is also performed if the patient wants to improve the contour of a specific part of the body and make it more aesthetic.
The procedure can be performed in order to:
- Fill the nasolabial folds, wrinkles.
- Enhance cheekbones, lips, and chin.
- Minimize the curvature of the lower legs.
- Enhance the volume of the buttocks, breasts.
- Fill scar tissues.
Stages of the surgery
Fatty tissue is a perfect filler for the soft tissues of any part of the body. Thanks to the progress of modern plastic surgery, it has become possible to transfer fiber from one part of the body to any other in order to improve its shape and curve. A different amount of fat can be used for various parts of the body.
The procedure is carried out for everyone who has a fair supply of fatty tissue on the lateral part of the thighs or abdomen since the fat for transplantation is taken there.
The surgery is performed at once. It consists of several stages:
- A small puncture is made on a part of the body intended for fat donation in order to suck the fat. This stage is carried out with special syringes and cannulas.
- Purifying and processing of fat, its preparation for the injection. There are different ways to handle fatty tissue. It can be centrifugation, mechanical purification, washing clean.
- The insertion of the prepared fat into the lipofilling area (in the so-called recipient zone). Fat is injected in a linear method with small portions using cannulas. There are no marks of punctures after this
If the zone to be corrected has a large area, fat is inserted in layers. This is necessary for fat establishing. If a large amount of fat is inserted in one place it will simply resolve and the procedure will not have the desired effect.
Advantages of the procedure
- Person’s own fat is absolutely hypoallergenic material.
- The surgery does not last long – up to 1 hour.
- After one surgery, fat can partially dissolve. Still, it is possible to achieve excellent results in case of performing several surgeries.
- There are no pain feelings neither during the procedure nor after it. Discomfort can be easily removed with medications.
- It is not necessary to carry out preliminary tests, as the own fat is not rejected by the patient’s body.
Patients need to know about some of the lipofilling nuances:
- Fat tends to dissolve by 30-50%.
- Fat is a natural material, its implantation is not perceived as an “enemy” for patient’s organism and it does not trigger the mechanism of immune protection.
- Barely noticeable marks remain in the puncture site.
- There is a limit on the amount of injected fat.
- At an average, it will take about 2-3 months for fat to be “shrank” (due to this, some changes in the volume and contours may occur).
Duration of the procedure: 1-2 hours.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia.
Place: the procedure can take place in a clinical setting. A patient can go home in a few hours or the next day after the procedure. It depends on the patient’s state of health.
Incision options: small skin punctures are made, first of all, to collect the fat, then to insert it. There are no scars after the surgery.
*Side effects: bruises, swellings, redness may occur.
*Risks: asymmetry, insufficient results, infections.
*Recovery period: there are swells, bruises can be for 1-2 weeks. It is possible to start physical activities after 3 weeks.
*Result: long-lasting. In the case of several procedures, the permanent result is expected.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
buttocks from one side (liposuction areas are paid additionally)
anti-aging hand lipofilling
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Beauty Injections
- ENT Services
Our experts will contact you soon. Your contact information will not be passed to the third persons.