Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a surgery aimed at body shaping by removing excess skin, fat rolls, and stitching the separated muscles in the abdomen region.
Abdominoplasty before and after
Indications for abdominoplasty
- Sagging of the abdominal tissue due to weight loss, age-related changes, pregnancy.
- Diastasis (separation, stretching) of the rectus abdominis muscles, which can lead to the descent of the internal organs and hernia;
- Non-aesthetic skin stretch marks (striae), postoperative cicatrixes on the abdomen.
General contraindications: cancer, cardiovascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, pregnancy, obesity.
Types of abdominoplasty
- Classical (standard) abdominoplasty is performed according to the following scheme:
- A horizontal incision and/or a vertical incision is made on the anterior abdominal wall.
- Excess tissues along with stretch marks and cicatrixes are removed below the navel.
- Separated abdominal muscles are tightened.
- The navel is displaced, if necessary.
- At the end the stitches are put, drainage tubes are placed, and a bandage is put on.
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty is recommended for young patients with a divergence of muscles but without excess fat and skin in the abdomen region. A special device (endoscope) is introduced in the navel area, several punctures are made in the pubiс zone.
- Mini-abdominoplasty is performed to patients with minor skin and fat deposits and deformation of the anterior abdominal wall. The incision is made in the bikini zone (pubic zone), the navel remains in its place.
- Extended (full) abdominoplasty is indicated in case of sizeable fat deposits, a large number of excess skin folds, which are located not only on the abdomen but on the thighs and back as well. Incisions are made in these areas of deformity. Such surgery requires the navel displacement.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 2-4 hours (depending on the complexity of the surgery). The patient stays in a clinical setting for 1-5 days.
Anaesthesis: general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedating medications.
Incision options: in the lower abdomen, in the pubic region, around the displaced navel.
*Recovery period. After the surgery, the patient wears special compression garments (a special elastic belt) for 4-6 weeks. The sutures are removed in 7-14 days. The swells, bruises and other side effects disappear in 1-2 months. The primary result is estimated in 2-4 months after the surgery.
*Side effects: temporary bruises, swellings, mild soreness, ailment, pain on movement, sensory decrement.
*Risks: infectious complications, hematomas, the sustainable healing process, serous fluid collection, roughness, asymmetry in the abdomen region. The possibility of complications is directly related to the fatty tissue thickness and the patient’s weight.
*Result: long-term in case of the absence of weight fluctuations, hormonal changes, pregnancy.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do I need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
Laboratory examination before the procedure / operation you can pass in our clinic or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation takes place under general anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Full blood count and urine tests.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Clotting assay.
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
7. Wasserman reaction.
9. Physician’s examination
10. Chest X-ray.
11. Gynecologist’s examination.
12. For breasts surgery – breast ultrasound examination, examination by a breast specialist.
If the operation will take place under local anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Clotting assay.
4. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
5. Urine test.
6. Blood type.
7. Chest X-ray.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 $.
Anesthesia is included in the price of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and duration.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) - 300 $
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally - 100 $
3. Intravenous anesthesia - 200 $
4. Local anesthesia - 100 $
After surgery, will I be able to stay in your clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our clinic. This service is paid separately - from 100 $ up to 200 $ per day.