Thigh lift is a surgery to remove excessive thickness and loose tissues in the area of inner (outer) surface of thighs with the aim of improving their contour. The surgical interference helps to get rid of excess fat and sagging skin in thighs when exercise and massages have no effect. The surgery may be combined with buttock lift.
Thigh Lift before and after
The surgery involves relocating adipo-dermal flaps and excising their excess. When the surgery is performed in the area of “breeches”, the adipo-dermal flaps are removed from outer side of the thigh. To remove folds on the inner surface of the thigh the incision is located in the groin. It is possible to combine both methods. On surgery completion the wounds are cosmetically stitched and special compression underware is worn.
Indications for thigh lift
- Signs of adipositis, deformed thigh.
- Skin and fat deposits, their maceration (including cases after losing weight).
- Skin flaccidity and folds.
- Excessive thickness of thighs with loose skin and fat.
Thigh lift is carried out in order to:
- Add elastisity to the tissues.
- Improve the thigh contour.
- Reduce the amount of fat.
- Eliminate excessive thigh thickness.
- Reduce the areas of intertrigo.
General contraindications: cancer, cardio-vascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid diseases, diabetis, blood-clotting disorder, advanced obesity.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days
Duration of the surgery: 2-3 hours (depending on the complexity of the surgery). The patient stays in a clinical setting for for 2-3 days.
Anaesthesis: general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia with sedative medications.
Incision options: on the lateral/outer side of the thigh and/or in the groin. When combined with buttock lift an additional incision may be made in the gluteal fold. The scars after their final maturation become barely visible in a few months after the surgery.
*Recovery period. The patient wears special compression underware for 2-6 weeks after the surgery to reduce the risk of complications. The stitches are removed in 7-14 days. Swellings, bruises and other side effects disappear within 1-2 months.
*Side effects: temporary bruises, swellings, obtusion, moderate pain.
*Risks: infectious complications, hematomas, long healing, seroma (fluid collection under the surface of skin), asymmetrical and highly noticible postsurgical scars, unequal thigh contours, tissue necrosis (death of tissues).
*Result: long-term on conditions of maintaining a stable weight.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.