Arm lift or brachioplasty is a surgical procedure to remove excessive thickness and loose skin in the area of internal surface of upper arms with the aim of providing improved contour. Surgical interference helps to reduce skin and fat folds in the upper arm in cases when exercise and massages have no effect.
Arm lift before and after
The surgery itself involves relocating adipo-dermal flaps and eliminating their excess. The incisions are made in the most closed areas – an armpit, the middle area of the internal surface of an upper arm. On operation completion the wounds are treated with cosmetic stitches and special compression underware is worn.
Indications for brachioplasty
- Signs of adipositis, deformed shoulders.
- Skin and fat deposits, their maceration (including cases after losing weight).
- Skin flaccidity and folds.
- Excessive arm thickness with loose skin on the internal surface.
Brachioplasty is carried out in order to:
- Lift, add elastisity to the tissues.
- Improve the shape and contour of the arm.
- Reduce skin and fat folds.
- Eliminate excessive arm thickness.
- Reduce the areas of intertrigo.
General contraindications: cancer, cardio-vascular and acute infectious diseases, chronic hypertensive disease, thyroid diseases, diabetis, blood-clotting disorder, advanced obesity.
How is the surgery performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-surgery examination: 1-3 days.
Duration of the surgery: 2-3 hours (depending on the complexity of the surgery). The patient stays in a clinical setting for 2-3 days.
Anaesthesis: general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia with sedative medications.
Incision options: in the armpit, along the internal surface of the upper-arm. A thin longitudinal scar after its final maturation becomes barely visible in a few months after the surgery.
*Recovery period. The patient wears special compression underware for 2-6 weeks after the surgery to reduce the risk of complications. The stitches are removed in 7-14 days. Swellings, bruises and other side effects disappear within a month.
*Side effects: temporary bruises, swellings, obtusion, moderate pain.
*Risks: infectious complications, hematomas, long healing, fluid collection under the skin, asymmetrical and highly noticible postsurgical scars, tissue necrosis (death of tissues).
*Result: long-term on conditions of maintaining a stable weight.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
arm lift (brachioplasty)
Do I need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
Laboratory examination before the procedure / operation you can pass in our clinic or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation takes place under general anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Full blood count and urine tests.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Clotting assay.
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
7. Wasserman reaction.
9. Physician’s examination
10. Chest X-ray.
11. Gynecologist’s examination.
12. For breasts surgery – breast ultrasound examination, examination by a breast specialist.
If the operation will take place under local anesthesia, then the following tests should be taken:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood glucose test.
3. Clotting assay.
4. Blood test for HBsAg, Anti-HCV Ig(G+M), Anti-HIV ½.
5. Urine test.
6. Blood type.
7. Chest X-ray.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 $.
Anesthesia is included in the price of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and duration.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) - 300 $
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally - 100 $
3. Intravenous anesthesia - 200 $
4. Local anesthesia - 100 $
After surgery, will I be able to stay in your clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our clinic. This service is paid separately - from 100 $ up to 200 $ per day.