Thread facelift or thread lifting is a non-invasive method of face rejuvenation by means of special threads. These threads are inserted into those areas of the face where it is needed to lift tissues in order to correct age-related skin changes.
Thread Facelift before and after
Needles or cannulas (needles with blunt ends) are used for threads insertion into the tissues. The threads can be absorbable (after a certain period of time) or nonabsorbable, as well as they can have various tools for fixation in tissues – barbs, notches, springs, nodules, “rackets”.
The materials used for the threads manufacturing are:
- Prolen (polypropylene) – the smooth, inert material that is used for nonabsorbable sutures.
- Polylactic acid – the threads made of it dissolve within 1,5-2 years.
- Polydioxanone – the material for threads that dissolve in 2-3 months.
- Combined threads – nonabsorbable base and absorbable cone, a capsule of connective tissues forms on its place over time.
- Gold, platinum threads (permanent).
Indications for thread lift
- Drooping cheekbones.
- Uneven face line.
- Sagging cheeks.
- Wrinkles in the eye area.
- Drooping lips corners.
- Nasolabial folds.
- Drooping outer edges of the eyebrows.
- Double chin.
General contraindications: cancer, chronic hypertensive disease, diabetes mellitus, blood-clotting disorder, the presence of permanent fillers in the tissues, recent plastic surgeries performed in the areas of the planned correction.
How is the procedure performed in “Certus” clinic?
Pre-procedure examination: in a short form, 1 day.
Duration of the procedure: 1-2 hours. Thread facelift in the clinic is performed on an ambulatory basis, the patient goes home after the procedure.
Anaesthesis: local anesthesia.
*Recovery period. Swellings, bruises (subcutaneous hemorrhages) and other side effects subside within 1-2 weeks after the procedure.
*Side effects: temporary swellings, bruisings, waviness, slight unevenness of the skin surface, retractions may appear in the places where the threads enter.
*Result: medium or long-term, the duration of the result depends on the thread type.
*The effect, result, risks, and recovery period depend on the individual peculiarities of the human body.
Extra thread for facelift
Extra thread for facelift reinforced
Wrinkle repair, 1 single thread
Wrinkle repair, 1 double thread
Do you have to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can go through a laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at the place of residence, depending on the type of anesthesia.
If the operation will be carried out under general anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. Blood type and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood coagulation).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
7. The reaction of Wasserman.
9. The conclusion of the therapist.
10. Certificate of fluorography.
11. For women – a certificate from a gynecologist.
If the operation will be performed under local anesthesia, then you need to pass the following tests:
1. Complete blood count (with formula) + platelets.
2. Blood test for sugar.
3. The coagulation time.
4. Blood test for the Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
5. General analysis of urine.
6. Blood type.
7. Certificate of fluorography.
The cost of the examination in our clinic is 50-100 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 3 hours) – 300 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
4. Local anesthesia – 100 €
After the operation, can I stay at your rehabilitation clinic?
The postoperative period you can spend in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.