Neck cyst removal
A neck cyst is a benign formation that consists of fluid and denser tissues in a capsule. The tumor is felt as a small, round or oval-shaped lump. Often the cyst is not malignant, it is quite safe and can only be inconvenient in case of complications. In order to prevent overflowing into a malignant seal, experts recommend getting rid of the formation as soon as possible. Now there is a possibility of conducting low-traumatic surgical intervention. Removal of the neck cyst is performed at the Certus Medical Center. Doctors of the highest category do everything possible to prevent complications, and the patient will be able to rehabilitate as soon as possible.
How to recognize a neck cyst in time
The cyst can be seen in the early stages. There are a number of signs that indicate education:
- Compaction. By feeling your neck, you can easily find it. The cyst of the neck is distinguished by the fact that when pressed, the formation is slightly mobile, since there is a mushy substance inside.
- More often than not, touching the cyst does not feel pain. Soreness is observed with complications. Lymph nodes may also hurt; pain can accompany the processes of food absorption.
- There may be slight redness in the area of the seal.
- Body temperature rises to 37-38 degrees.
- Breathing problems may appear, and the voice becomes hoarse and hoarse. If the throat cyst is especially large, the larynx may become dislocated.
- Facial nerves may lose their sensitivity.
- The neck cannot be fully rotated.
These symptoms do not always make themselves felt. Many of them appear already with inflammation of the cyst.
There are only two types of cysts. They are divided by location. A median cyst on the neck is observed in 40% of patients. Located in front of the neck, approximately in the middle (as the name suggests), or under the tongue.
Lateral cyst occurs in 60% of cases. It appears due to an anomaly of the gill slits, which, with the correct intrauterine development of the fetus, should disappear. Therefore, its location is in front of the sternocleidomastoid muscle, on the sides of the neck. It is dangerous that a person may have from birth, and not make themselves felt until adolescence.
Causes of education
Many experts argue that the prerequisites for the development of a cyst on the neck are laid in the early stages of fetal development. All sorts of abnormalities can occur that do not go away by certain stages of pregnancy. In addition, a swelling in the neck can be hereditary. Those people whose relatives have suffered a neck cyst have a much higher tendency to these benign formations.
If the patient knows about similar diseases among his family members, he should carefully monitor his health and check with a specialist. This will help to detect and eradicate the disease in time. This is especially important if a person has diseases of the circulatory, lymphatic system. Such complications can accelerate tumor growth.
How to prepare for surgery
To get rid of the tumor is possible only with the help of an operation, which can be supplemented with medication. To prepare for the operation, you should undergo the necessary examinations and collect a list of documents.
First you need to go through the diagnostics:
- Do an ultrasound scan. It is necessary to view the lymph nodes, the area of the thyroid gland to assess the extent of the formation and find out what their structure is.
- If there are additional lumps on the neck, then a fine needle aspiration biopsy (TAPB) should be done.
- If the patient has not had fluorography for a long time, they should also undergo it.
It is worth paying attention to contraindications for surgery: pathologies that directly threaten the patient’s life, chronic diseases. If any life-threatening factor is identified, most likely, the patient will be refused surgery. Also, the patient himself has the right to decide whether to carry out the operation or not.
Before the operation, you will need to pass a number of tests:
- Blood test. General and biochemical, blood sugar, T3free, T4free with suppressed blood TSH. You will also need information about blood type and Rh factor.
- Coagulorama required.
- TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
- RMP (microprecipitation reaction).
You may need to consult other specialists: ENT, gynecologist, cardiologist, etc. In the clinic “Certus” undergo a full preparation test results can be obtained in one day.
In addition to the state of health, test results, the doctor pays attention to many factors before recommending surgery. The age of the patient and the location of the cyst are important.
The process of the operation consists in cutting the tissue and extracting the formation. It is removed along with the capsule. This helps prevent the re-development of the pathology. All this takes no more than two hours.
General anesthesia is used during the operation. After completion, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs are usually prescribed. You will also need to monitor for some time whether it hurts to swallow after the operation.
The rehabilitation period directly depends on the complexity of the operation. The simpler and easier it was, the faster the patient will recover. Usually, rehabilitation lasts no more than ten days. At the same time, after such a surgical intervention, the patient stays in the hospital only for a day. After the operation, a seam remains, but it is cosmetic, almost invisible.
Doctors of the Certus Medical Center will carefully and professionally relieve the patient of a problem with a cyst on his neck so that he can return to his usual life rhythm as soon as possible.
Removal of the median / lateral cyst of the neck
Do you need to undergo examinations or tests before the procedure / operation?
You can undergo laboratory examination before the procedure / operation in our clinic, or at your place of residence.
The operation takes place under general anesthesia, the following tests must be passed:
1. General blood and urine tests.
2. Blood sugar test.
3. Blood group and Rh factor.
4. Coagulogram (blood for clotting).
5. Biochemical blood test.
6. Blood electrolytes (K, Na, Ca ionized).
8. T3free, T4free with suppressed blood TSH.
9. Blood test for Australian antigen, hepatitis “C”, HIV.
10. Wasserman reaction.
12. The conclusion of the therapist.
13. Fluorogram or X-ray.
14. For women – the conclusion from the gynecologist.
Examination cost in our clinic – 150 €
Is anesthesia included in the cost of the service?
The cost of anesthesia is not included in the cost of the procedure and is paid separately depending on its type and time of its action.
1. General short-term anesthesia (up to 2 hours) – 200 €
2. Each subsequent hour of general anesthesia additionally – 100 €
3. Intravenous anesthesia – 200 €
After the operation, can I stay at your clinic for rehabilitation?
You can spend the postoperative period in our hospital, this service is paid separately – from 100 € to 200 € per day.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Beauty Injections
- ENT Services
Our experts will contact you soon. Your contact information will not be passed to the third persons.